FRONTEND SOFTWARE ENGINEER – Angular/Typescript/UI
Golden Hearts Games is a Boston-based new venture that creates and operates digital Charitable Promotional Games – online promotional games that support philanthropies. Our mission is to leverage the engaging power of new technologies, games, and prizes to entertain, empower and reward small donors, and generate a new channel of fundraising for causes and charities. Located at goldenheartsgames.com, we offer a live-action, direct-to-consumer online and mobile platform where each player first selects a favorite charity (from a database of over 1.4 million US 501(c)3 public charities,) makes a donation, then can play in an assortment of exciting games to win real cash and other prizes. Launched in August 2020, we’re growing rapidly and are backed by well-known investors including Accomplice and Boston Seed Capital. Join us to revolutionize charitable giving
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic person to join our growing Engineering team as a Software Engineer specializing in Angular/Typescript/UI. The ideal candidate possesses a passion for building great companies and being a key member of a cohesive team. An excitement for our mission of doing good while having fun is critical. The role requires a willingness to explore new areas outside of one’s comfort zone, while also working to constantly pursue best-in-class practices to improve architectural efficiency, stability and reliability.
What you will do:
The Software Engineer will report to our Director of Technology and be responsible for building new client applications, defining unit tests & testing automation, creating technical documentation, and working with a team of front and backend developers to maintain and advance the core platform.
The company is based in Boston, MA but the position may be located anywhere and work remotely. Some travel may be required.
Required experience & skills:
- 3+ years of software development experience building public facing applications & web user interfaces
- Experience, understanding and knowledge of Angular framework (Including V11)
- Experience with NgRx and RxJS software design patterns
- Experience with canvas-based & modern HTML5 development
- Experience with Node Package Manager (NPM)
- Experience with Docker and containers
- Experience with Web-pack
- Working knowledge of PostgresSQL
- Understanding of REST interfaces and services
- Experience with GIT code management
- Understanding of Jira and the agile / Kanban development processes
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus “nice-to-have” experience & skills:
- Enjoys fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience with online game development using Phaser.js or similar
- Experience with Amazon AWS services such as S3, Cloudfront, Fargate, Code Pipeline, Route53, CloudWatch, ECS
Golden Hearts Games is an equal opportunity employer. We believe your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. Unfortunately, we cannot support candidates for H-1B visas at the current time.
Please, no recruiters or outside agencies.