Operations Supervisor (Part-Time)
Jackpot is on a mission to create the world’s leading digital entertainment experience and we’re starting by building the world’s most user-friendly digital lottery platform. We are continuing to grow our team, where you will be a key team member and contributor to the business. Our exceptional team members are alumni of some of the best companies in the world: StubHub, Google, Intuit, BetMGM, Twitch, GoPuff and more. Come build with us!
About the Role:
Our Operations team is critical to our success and we are looking for a diligent, passionate Operations Supervisor to serve as our operational shift lead, supervise our Operations Associates, and act as additional support to our Operations Manager. This role is non-exempt, based on-site in San Antonio, TX and hours are anywhere from Monday-Saturday 4pm-12am, dependent upon staffing needs. This is the perfect opportunity if you love overseeing retail operations, mentoring team members, are interested in growing your career at a start-up, and playing a key role in growing a business!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and ensure successful day-to-day lottery processing operations by overseeing and training a team of Operation Associates, proactively making recommendations for operational improvements, and providing general technical support.
- Serve as the first point of contact for our Operations Associates and support escalations in the absence of the Operations Manager, including but not limited to facility issues, product outages, and staffing gaps.
- Support back-end operations and general quality control by maintaining ticket equipment, ensuring the integrity and streamlining of processes, and monitoring execution of processes by team members.
- Prepare SOS (Start of Shift) & EOS (End of Shift), depending upon designated shift, reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis; report shift performance metrics and escalate issues to Operations Manager.
- Oversee retail operations, including, sales, inventory, cash mgmt, EOS draw reconciliation.
- Assist with other various ad-hoc duties and projects as needed.
You Ideally Have:
- 1-3 years of supervisory/lead experience
- Prior experience in retail, warehouse, or restaurant operations.
- Medium-level technological know-how with the ability to troubleshoot and solve basic technical issues with equipment, operate basic systems and platforms, etc.
- The ability to lift up to 40 pounds as needed.
- You have grit, tenacity, and what people describe to be a “get-it-done” mentality. You don’t believe any task is too big or too small for you
- You are known for your ability to pivot on the fly with changing priorities and remain calm under pressure
- You don’t mind if there isn't an existing playbook for you to follow; you are resourceful and self-reliant
- Your team members describe you as available, helpful, and a problem solver. You feel proud when you’re able to help others succeed in their roles
- You have a high attention to detail and are organized in how you work and get things done
- You fully own and are committed to your work. You don’t believe in cutting corners and it shows in the quality of your work
One of Jackpot’s core values is Lifelong Learning. We don’t believe we are ever finished products and strongly believe in growing and developing to improve ourselves. If what you’ve read so far sounds exciting but your experience doesn’t quite match what we’re looking for, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway! We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive team where everyone can feel proud to contribute to.
What We Can Offer You:
- $19.25 - $22/hr hourly pay rate
- A commitment to career development, mentorship, and growth
- A culture of trust and accountability
Our Core Values:
- You don’t fear failure and you don’t fail the same way twice
- You have strong opinions but are also open minded to new ideas
- You aren't just fast, you're the fastest
- You persevere in the face of challenges and adapt to change
- You always follow through on your commitments – you live a 1:1 say/do ratio
- You execute with a founder mentality
- Lifelong Learning
- You are always seeking and implementing feedback
- You are not a finished product and are always searching for knowledge and a means to improve yourself
- You embrace and learn from constructive conflict
In the United States alone, over 150m people per year purchase a lottery ticket. The $100B lottery industry is one of the last major industries to allow buyers to transact digitally, with ~5% of sales coming from online transactions.
At Jackpot, we’re seeking to change that. We are looking to build the world’s most user-friendly digital lottery and online gaming platform, leading the charge in bringing this industry into the 21st century through innovation and variety. Jackpot brings verified, official state lottery tickets online, by leveraging its digital platform and proprietary technology to give customers the ability to play anytime, via a user-friendly mobile app or desktop experience.
Having recently closed a $42.5M Series A, Jackpot is backed by some of the biggest names in sports, media, and entertainment, including the Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, San Francisco 49ers owners' Aurum Partners, the Tish family (co-owners of the New York Giants), Detroit Venture Partners (run by Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert), and BettorCapital. In addition, the round was co-led by Accomplice and Courtside Ventures, with participation from the Kraft Group, Michael Rubin, Sapphire Sport, Haslam Sports Group, Elysian Park Ventures, Arctos Sports Partners, LionTree, Theo Epstein, Fenway Sports Group President Mike Gordon, DraftKings co-founder and CEO Jason Robins, NBA stars James Harden and Joel Embiid, NHL legend Martin Brodeur, musical artist Lil Baby, and Boston Red Sox President and CEO Sam Kennedy, among others.