Jackpot is on a mission to create the world’s leading digital entertainment experience and we’re starting by building the world’s most user-friendly digital lottery platform. We are continuing to grow our team, where you will be a key team member and contributor to the business. Our exceptional team members are alumni of some of the best companies in the world: StubHub, Google, Intuit, BetMGM, Twitch, GoPuff and more. Come build with us!
About the Role:
Reporting to our VP of Operations, we are looking for a versatile operator who will launch and run Jackpot’s first location in Massachusetts with operational excellence. This role will be based in the Boston metro area leading and providing daily oversight over our operations team at this location. This is the perfect opportunity if you are an excellent communicator who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment!
What You’ll Do:
- Be responsible and accountable for launch project deadlines to ensure Jackpot has a successful and on-time launch in Massachusetts
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operation for the Massachusetts market including lottery processing, facility management, and people operations
- Analyze operational activities and costs against forecast data to achieve location OKRs
- Collaborate frequently with field operations team to review achievements/challenges and process changes to optimize operations
- Proactively analyze, improve, and set best practices while collaborating with cross functional partners to improve and enhance operations
- Manage and adhere to the market budget and report daily/weekly KPIs key Jackpot leaders
- Develop efficient workforce management practices including scheduling of staff, approving timesheets, and tracking payroll spend
- Hire in market operations team and create and oversee onboarding & training programs for new operations associates
- Provide leadership for employees through effective communication, coaching, training and development
- Partner with the People team to resolve all people and safety issues in a timely and effective manner
- Set up Jackpot’s retail location from the ground up by procuring vendors, establishing access controls, oversee install of equipment and systems
- Manage all aspects of the location’s facilities and maintain vendor relationships/contracts to ensure a best-in-class experience
- Be accountable to all equipment functionally optimally to fulfill operations and resolve facility issues to ensure minimal operational cost and delays
- Support the strategic evaluation and implementation of cost savings opportunities
You Ideally Have:
- Mid-level experience in operations, retail or warehouse management
- Significant experience managing others, including independent contractors or non-exempt employees
- The ability to troubleshoot basic technical and equipment issues
- The willingness to work a flexible schedule to ensure 100% operational uptime
- The ability to lift up to 40 pounds as needed
- You think critically about the problems you solve by looking at facts and data and applying it to the solutions you implement
- You don’t miss deadlines. You excel at managing and prioritizing your projects and working with others to get things done on time.
- You are a self starter, you don’t wait for problems to arise, you are always looking two steps ahead
- You enjoy working with others, especially cross-functionally, but are also known to be incredibly autonomous when it comes to your work output
- You have grit, tenacity, and what people describe to be a “get it done” mentality. You don’t believe any task is too big or too small for you
- You are not scared of a challenge, you have the ability to problem solve, prioritize multiple projects and adhere to business-critical deadlines
One of Jackpot’s core values is Lifelong Learning. We don’t believe we are ever finished products and strongly believe in growing and developing to improve ourselves. If what you’ve read so far sounds exciting but your experience doesn’t quite match what we’re looking for, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway! We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive team where everyone can feel proud to contribute to.
What We Can Offer You:
- $80-100K base salary + bonus with the eligibility for future performance-based equity
- The opportunity to have a voice, say, and “leave your fingerprints” on our product and business
- A commitment to provide you with the benefits of a start-up career without the start-up pains
- Benefits on par with leading, progressive tech companies (think 100% employee-only coverage, monthly HSA contribution, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- A culture of trust and accountability
Our Core Values:
- You don’t fear failure and you don’t fail the same way twice
- You have strong opinions but are also open minded to new ideas
- You aren't just fast, you're the fastest
- You persevere in the face of challenges and adapt to change
- You always follow through on your commitments – you live a 1:1 say/do ratio
- You execute with a founder mentality
- Lifelong Learning
- You are always seeking and implementing feedback
- You are not a finished product and are always searching for knowledge and a means to improve yourself
- You embrace and learn from constructive conflict
In the United States alone, over 150m people per year purchase a lottery ticket. The $100B lottery industry is one of the last major industries to allow buyers to transact digitally, with ~5% of sales coming from online transactions.
At Jackpot, we’re seeking to change that. We are looking to build the world’s most user-friendly digital lottery and online gaming platform, leading the charge in bringing this industry into the 21st century through innovation and variety. Jackpot brings verified, official state lottery tickets online, by leveraging its digital platform and proprietary technology to give customers the ability to play anytime, via a user-friendly mobile app or desktop experience.
Having recently closed a $42.5M Series A, Jackpot is backed by some of the biggest names in sports, media, and entertainment, including the Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, San Francisco 49ers owners' Aurum Partners, the Tish family (co-owners of the New York Giants), Detroit Venture Partners (run by Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert), and BettorCapital. In addition, the round was co-led by Accomplice and Courtside Ventures, with participation from the Kraft Group, Michael Rubin, Sapphire Sport, Haslam Sports Group, Elysian Park Ventures, Arctos Sports Partners, LionTree, Theo Epstein, Fenway Sports Group President Mike Gordon, DraftKings co-founder and CEO Jason Robins, NBA stars James Harden and Joel Embiid, NHL legend Martin Brodeur, musical artist Lil Baby, and Boston Red Sox President and CEO Sam Kennedy, among others.