Assistant Operations Manager
Jackpot is on a mission to create the world’s leading digital entertainment experience and we’re starting by building the world’s most user-friendly digital lottery platform. We are continuing to grow our team, where you will be a key team member and contributor to the business. Our exceptional team members are alumni of some of the best companies in the world: StubHub, Google, Intuit, Twitch and more. Come build with us!.
About the Role:
Reporting to our NY & NJ Operations Manager, our Assistant Operations manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of our New Jersey ticket processing location. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, organized, and be able to support our Operations Manager in optimizing efficiency, ensuring quality standards are met, and coaching the New Jersey Operations team. This role requires a strong attention to detail, ability to follow operational processes, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. This is the perfect opportunity if you love overseeing retail operations, mentoring team members, are interested in growing your career at a start-up, and playing a key role in growing a business!
What You'll Do
- Serve as the first point of contact for Jackpot's NJ Operations team members and train all team members; evaluate performance and provide coaching to meet team goals and KPIs
- Manage day-to-day operations including ticket processing, hardware maintenance, inventory management, and scheduling
- Manage back-end operations and general quality control by maintaining ticket equipment, maximizing the integrity and streamlining of processes, and monitoring execution of processes by team members
- Collaborate with our Operations Manager to develop contingency plans in advance of operational disruptions (facility issues, product outages, staffing gaps) while ensuring daily operations are in alignment with team goals and standards
- Track expenses and find cost-saving opportunities without compromising quality or market performance
- Partner with Operations team members in other markets to optimize SOP’s and improve operating efficiencies
- Proven experience in operations or a related role, with a demonstrated ability to manage teams and optimize processes.
- Prior experience in retail, warehouse operations or logistics
- Medium-level technological know-how with the ability to troubleshoot and solve basic technical issues with equipment, operate basic systems and platforms, etc.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and work well under pressure.
- Prior start up experience a plus
One of Jackpot’s core values is Lifelong Learning. We don’t believe we are ever finished products and strongly believe in growing and developing to improve ourselves. If what you’ve read so far sounds exciting but your experience doesn’t quite match what we’re looking for, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway! We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive team where everyone can feel proud to contribute to.
What We Can Offer You:
- $65-75k base salary + bonus
- Benefits on par with leading, progressive tech companies (think 100% employee-only coverage, monthly HSA contribution, etc.)
- A commitment to career development, mentorship, and growth
- A culture of trust and accountability
Our Core Values:
- You don’t fear failure and you don’t fail the same way twice
- You have strong opinions but are also open minded to new ideas
- You aren't just fast, you're the fastest
- You persevere in the face of challenges and adapt to change
- You always follow through on your commitments – you live a 1:1 say/do ratio
- You execute with a founder mentality
- Lifelong Learning
- You are always seeking and implementing feedback
- You are not a finished product and are always searching for knowledge and a means to improve yourself
- You embrace and learn from constructive conflict
In the United States alone, over 150m people per year purchase a lottery ticket. The $100B lottery industry is one of the last major industries to allow buyers to transact digitally, with ~5% of sales coming from online transactions.
At Jackpot, we’re seeking to change that. We are looking to build the world’s most user-friendly digital lottery and online gaming platform, leading the charge in bringing this industry into the 21st century through innovation and variety. Jackpot brings verified, official state lottery tickets online, by leveraging its digital platform and proprietary technology to give customers the ability to play anytime, via a user-friendly mobile app or desktop experience.
Having recently closed a $42.5M Series A, Jackpot is backed by some of the biggest names in sports, media, and entertainment, including the Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, San Francisco 49ers owners' Aurum Partners, the Tish family (co-owners of the New York Giants), Detroit Venture Partners (run by Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert), and BettorCapital. In addition, the round was co-led by Accomplice and Courtside Ventures, with participation from the Kraft Group, Michael Rubin, Sapphire Sport, Haslam Sports Group, Elysian Park Ventures, Arctos Sports Partners, LionTree, Theo Epstein, Fenway Sports Group President Mike Gordon, DraftKings co-founder and CEO Jason Robins, NBA stars James Harden and Joel Embiid, NHL legend Martin Brodeur, musical artist Lil Baby, and Boston Red Sox President and CEO Sam Kennedy, among others.